It’s our promise to customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we’re building a relationship of trust with our customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
In this policy, Liquid Movers, “we”, “us” or “the Company” will only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes described in this policy and will only process personal information in compliance with applicable laws, including the protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and in ways that are for, or compatible with, the business purposes for which the personal information was collected or that are subsequently authorised by you.
This Policy outlines:
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How your personal information is used and protected;
- When and with whom we share your personal information; and
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Liquid Movers shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that we manage your personal information properly to maintain your trust.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual and this will depend on the purpose for which we need the personal information:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address;
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address;
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits;
- Government identifiers, such as CIPC registration numbers, national identification numbers and driver’s license numbers;
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth;
- Financial information, such as annual financial statements, bank statements, credit and debit card numbers and claims information;
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned;
- Location information, such as geo-location information;
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings;
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships; or
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviours.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you;
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household;
- Collected through in-store or at-site technology (our premises and/or events you attend).
The Purpose for Collection of Personal Information
The information collected and processed by Liquid Movers may be used for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order or requests for services and provide customer service;
- To create and maintain your account;
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement;
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising, subject always to your right at any time to opt out of such communication. If you want to remove your contact information from all lists and newsletters, please visit unsubscribe on the website
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud;
- To update our operational and technical functionality;
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections and identifying areas for operational improvement;
- To conduct research and development; or
- To fulfil our legal duties and obligations.
All Personal Information which you provide to the Company will be used and/or retained only for the purposes for which it is collected, whereafter it will be permanently destroyed. We will only retain personal information for longer than the purpose for which it was collected if it is required by law or where you have given consent for us to retain such information for an extended period.
Sharing of Personal Information All of the categories of personal information that we collect may be shared with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for business purpose. We will not sell or rent your personal information for money.
Upon reasonable request and in accordance with POPIA, we will grant customers reasonable access to their personal information and will permit them to correct, amend or delete personal information that is incomplete or inaccurate. Should you so request, we will provide you with the record or a description of the personal information which we have about you, including information about the identity of all third parties who have, or have had, access to the personal information: (i) within a reasonable time; (ii) at a prescribed fee, if any; (iii) in a reasonable manner and format; and (iv) in a form that is generally understandable.
Should you wish to make a request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably possible but may not always expressly request you to verify and update your personal information, unless this process is specifically necessary. We expect that you will notify us from time to time in writing of any updates required in respect of your personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator. You can email the Information Regulator with your complaint/query at mailto:email@example.com or call them on 012 406 4818. Visit their website for more details: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html.
The Company reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. All amendments to this policy will be posted on the website.